Your Attitude Is The Difference Maker
Have you ever heard the phrase “attitude is everything”?
The truth is, attitude isn’t everything, but it is one thing that can make a difference in your life -- a tremendous difference, in fact. As John C. Maxwell so eloquently describes, “Your attitude is the paintbrush of your mind.”
But there are several reasons attitude isn’t everything:
- You cannot disconnect attitude from reality and expect success.
- Your attitude can’t substitute for competence. Some people confuse confidence, which is a function of attitude, with competence, which is a function of ability.
- Your attitude can’t substitute for experience.
- Your attitude cannot change the facts. As Maya Angelou famously said, “If you don’t like something, change it. If you cannot change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.”
- Your attitude cannot substitute for personal growth.
- Your attitude will not stay good automatically. It’s easier to maintain an attitude than it is to regain an attitude.
The point is that attitude alone isn’t going to cut it. That doesn’t mean, however, it isn’t really, really darn important. In fact, attitude is a key, powerful ingredient in the recipe for success, fulfillment and purpose. And while your attitude isn’t everything, it can do a whole lot for you; as a matter of fact, in many situations, it’s the difference-maker:
- Your attitude makes a difference in your approach to life.
- Your attitude makes a difference in your relationships with people. It influences how we see others, and it determines whether we lift others up or deflate them. And the right attitude allows us to learn from each person we meet -- every one of which who has something to teach us.
- Your attitude makes a difference in how you face challenges.
Clearly, attitude is a difference maker, and let’s face it, most of us could stand to polish ours -- at least in one domain of life or another. How do you go about changing your attitude?
- Evaluate your present attitude. Mindfulness and awareness are key to improving an attitude the desperately needs changing.
- Have a desire to change. No choice will determine the success of your attitude change more than desiring to change.
- Change your attitude by changing your thoughts. After all, attitudes are nothing more than habits of thought.
- Manage your attitude daily. Remember, maintaining the right attitude is easier than regaining it. As the great John Wooden said, “Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out.”
- Take responsibility for your attitude, which is totally in your control. You can’t control the weather, but you can control the atmosphere of your mind.
To your success from Achievable N Automated Solutions
You can contact us via email: [email protected] or call us on: +234 8079461728; +234 864888283